|Name||Zuiganji temple(National Treasure)|
|Address||Miyagi Prefecture, Miyagi-gun Matsushima city, Matsushima Aza-chonai 91|
|Access||– Senseki Line, 5 minutes by walk from JR Matsushima Kaigan station
– Tōhoku Main Line, 20 minutes by walk from JR Matsushima Station
(There is no private parking place)
For any tourist guide inquiries of the Zuiganji Temple, please contact the following number :
Matsushima Tourist Guide Tel. 022-354-3218
(More than 30 persons)
(More than 100 persons)
(University, High school Students)
(Junior High school, Elementary school)
Discount for disabled persons
Please present your disability certificate at the reception and pay the fees in cash. (Coupons can not be used)
Regarding discounts for groups, presentation of the disability certificate at the reception can be omitted by applying in advance.
Regarding prior discount application for person with a disability
○About the reduction by prior submission of “Application for entrance fee reduction”, “List of visitors eligible to reduction”
1. For groups from institutions taking care of disabled persons wishing to visit the temple, you can omit to present the disability certificate at the reception by submitting the following documents in advance.
Download the template documents from above, fill the required fields, and submit your application documents directly by fax or by mail to the Zuiganji temple at least 2 weeks before the scheduled visit date.
※Where to send your application
Fax : 022-354-5145
Mail : Miyagi Prefecture, Miyagi-gun Matsushima city, Matsushima Aza-chonai 91
Postal code : 981-0123
2. The “Application for entrance fee reduction” must be stamped or signed by the representative of the institution.
3. If the application is incomplete, such as a missing entry, we will not be able to accept it.
4. We reserve the right to refuse applications made too close to the fixed date of visit.
5. The submitted application documents will be reviewed at Zuiganji temple. We will contact you by phone to inform you whether your application has been accepted or rejected.
6. If the number of people visiting changes after submitting the application documents, please contact us immediately.
○Caution regarding the visit
- During the visit, please follow the rules of the temple and instructions of the guide.
- temple building (本堂) due to kuri (庫裡) not being accessible to wheelchair.
○For any inquiries, please contact us at:
Phone number : 022-354-2023
|Month||Gate Opening||Gate Closing|
|January||08:00 am||03:30 pm|
|February||08:00 am||04:00 pm|
|March||08:00 am||04:30 pm|
|From April to September||08:00 am||05:00 pm|
|October||08:00 am||04:30 pm|
|November||08:00 am||04:00 pm|
|December||08:00 am||03:30 pm|
＊Starting from the 1st April 2021, the gates will open at 08:30 am.